Monday 27 August 2012

It will be no surprise to anyone that has been reading this blog that I havent' been writing, I've been blethering again, this time with my friend, writer and poet Kriss Nicholl. (Take a look at her blog The Diary of an Invisible Woman which is about to get really interesting as she's going on a six week road trip across the United States of America). The blethering was very useful though as she's also been preparing her first novel for publication with a print on demand publisher. I'm considering going down this route with my children's book 'Maxwell's Mega Mission' if I don't get any response from the publishers and agents I have contacted. Self publishing seems to be the way to go these days. 
  I'm in an odd position as some of the time I work with a small publishing company based in Wigtown, Scotland's National Book Town. Last week the director and I met with a local man who has written a book that is ideal for GC Books. We've also got two more local history books due out this Autumn. Although GC published my book 'The Belties of Curleywee Farm' my new one, 'Maxwell's Mega Mission' is for an older age group and not suitable for the GC list. It's fantastic to be able to help unpublished writers get into print. I just want someone to step up for me now to get my new story to a new audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment